Breaking Free of Addiction is a preferred SAP for any employee who performs safety sensitive functions mandated by the Department of Transportation that required to comply with the drug and alcohol testing regulations specified in CFR 49 Part 40. When an employee has violated these regulations, the employee must complete the DOT Return-to-Duty process with a Substance Abuse Professional before he or she can again perform any DOT safety-sensitive duties for any employer.
The DOT Return-to-Duty process (also known as the DOT SAP process) consists of the SAP evaluation, referral, and education/treatment. The first step in the process is being evaluated by a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP). Call Now 951.443.9758
Breaking Free of Addiction is readily available to provide substance abuse evaluations in a timely and professional manner.
Call and let us provide you with the resources needed to return to work safely. Call 951.443.9758
At Breaking Free of Addiction we follow the guidelines According to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations 49 CFR Part 40, an employee in violation of the DOT regulations for drug or alcohol testing is required to complete the DOT Return To Duty Process with a qualified Substance Abuse Professional (SAP). Below is a step by step outline of the SAP Process.
• The employee who has violated the DOT regulations for drug or alcohol testing is removed from safety sensitive duty.
• The employee is referred to a DOT qualified Substance Abuse Professional (SAP).
• The SAP performs a clinical evaluation on the employee & recommends treatment and/or education.
• The employee complies with the treatment(s) and/or education recommended by the SAP
• The SAP conducts a follow-up evaluation & determines the employee’s eligibility to return to safety sensitive duty.
• The employee tests negative on a Return to Duty Drug/Alcohol Screening and returns to safety sensitive duty at the employer’s discretion.
• The employee complies with any aftercare recommended by the SAP and is subject to unannounced follow-up testing for a period of 1 to 5 years as determined by the SAP.
Get Contracted with Breaking Free of Addiction
If your an owner of a Business, a DER, HR Etc… and the (DOT) Department of Transportation is requiring you to Contract with A (SAP) Breaking Free of addiction is here to assist you and you company which will include:
Education presentation provided for your employees Pertaining DOT/SAP Process and other topics at request of Employers/DER’s,
Evaluations for employee’s
On Call communication and assistance 24/7
Follow ups with Employee’s
Full Return to duty Process